NJTheater.com Forum
NJTheater.com
NJTheater.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Theater Forum
 Show Reviews
 SPAMALOT � PLAYHOUSE 22 � AN "AUDIENCE" REVIEW

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
* HTML is ON
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marcogrouch Posted - 13 Nov 2013 : 07:26:12 AM
Just to be clear, this is not a review written by someone who has seen the show, but a review of audience reactions and comments, written by a cast member.

As a cast member of Spamalot at the Playhouse 22, it would be impractical, not to mention inappropriate, for me to review the show, itself. However, I believe that I can offer a credible, objective review of our audiences without violating accepted theatrical protocol.

Those attending our first and second weekends (near sold out first Friday and Saturday, sold out on second Friday and Saturday, and both Sundays, I might add) clearly appeared to be experiencing a high level of entertainment. I base this statement on the frequency and generosity of the laughter erupting throughout the performances. I feel qualified to make this observation due to my positions on stage and in the wings, which happened to be excellent vantage points for doing so.

This consistent indication of induced levity, along with the many complimentary comments of the patrons after the shows, leads me to conclude that this production contains quite enough humor to satisfy even the most discriminating, comedy-seeking theater-goers.

Additional performances, (likely) uproarious laughter, and (we can only hope) thunderous applause will occur on November 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 and 24.

All involved extend our appreciation to those who have already attended. And we would be pleased to have the opportunity to add a bit of lightheartedness to the lives of those who wish to share in it at our remaining shows.

Please see the 'Show Notices' Forum for additional details.

NJTheater.com © Copyright 1997-2009 NJTheater.com Go To Top Of Page